Welcome!!!!!!

Welcome to The Kolb Review; a daily blog covering all the pop-culture you could handle.

Expect some guest posts from our pop-culture liaison Leora Horowitz and sports and movie man Moshe Kolb.
Feel free to email any questions or comments to Jordankolb@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter at @thekolbreview

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why I Love But Hate These Summer Hit Songs.

The summer of 2012 has been a great one for music. There have been some great great singles released that I love listening to. The problem I have found is that while I love listening to these songs, I dont love listening to them 100 times every day. The problem with radio stations these days is that they play the same 5-8 songs over and over again until you want to pull your eyes out. So here is a list of the best but most overplayed songs from this summer.

Nicki Minaj- Starships
This song is very addicting and catchy, yet is way way overplayed. I love the sound of her voice but we all have our limits.

Rihanna-Where Have You Been
The truth is that I dont love this song. I really just put it on here because it comes on my radio way too often. Rihanna is well known for her summer smash hits.

Grouplove- Tongue Tied
This Indie-style group produced a very catchy tune. Sadly, at this point, all I just hear noise.

Justing Bieber- Boyfriend
This song is in on all the time and in pretty much every single promo you hear on the radio. In my opinion this is one of the more annoying Bieber songs and I desperately need him to come out with a new single to replace this one on the radio.

One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful
And I thought I was done with the likes of NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees.

Goyte- Somebody That I Used To Know
Probably the most played song of the summer, this mega-hit consumes my mind. When I am not thinking of anything, this song is playing in my head.

Katy Perry- Wide Awake
Arguably my favorite pop musician today, Katy Perry constantly produces awesome tunes. This song is one of my favorites; but as much as I love it, it is played every three minutes.

Carly Rae Jepson- Call Me Maybe
Wow! This may just be the most over played, duplicated, and covered song of all-time. Thrusting Jepson into the world spotlight, this summer hit has dominated the news, tv, radio, and our every day lives.  Please please, just come up with another song to be overplayed. We love you but it is time to move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment